Saturday, April 14, 2012

An op-ed and a blog

One positive aspect of the Pink Slime Affair is that not only am I finding the sites I read regularly focusing more on factory farming but I’m also being exposed to people and sites I hadn’t previously known about.

James McWilliams has a fine op-ed in the New York Times this week on “The Myth of Sustainable Meat.” And guess what? He has a blog, too! Eating Plants has much to offer, including a thorough and fair review of Michael Pollan’s food manifesto* and series on hunting and Reasons to Go Vegan. I look forward to reading future posts.

*I was going to write about that, but McWilliams’ review says everything I'd planned to and more. By the way, I happened to read Pollan’s book the same week as David Kessler’s The End of Overeating



and was surprised to find the latter – despite the fact that I’m not in its targeted audience – far more enlightening and compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment